JMT provides comprehensive construction management services in order to coordinate all aspects of a project. As experienced construction managers, we can ensure the earlier we are involved with a project, the better the results will be for the client. This holds true for private clients as well as public entities on construction management at-risk projects. Fully deploying our pre-construction team and services at the earliest stages of concept and design will ensure a well-organized approach that controls cost and delivers the project on time.
We manage all aspects of a commercial construction project, from planning to delivery. Our project managers ensure budgets and timely completion on the project are achieved through proper materials selection and procurement, constructability reviews, advance scheduling and subcontracting, and the minimization of previously unknown conditions.
Construction Project Management Services Available From JMT
Top-quality construction project management requires efficiency and organization. We take a proactive approach that starts construction as early as possible while staying on budget. Throughout the process, we focus on achieving high-quality craftsmanship. Our construction project managers meet this goal by emphasizing effective communication among all design and construction team members and project stakeholders from the earliest planning stages.
In order to ensure this process is a success, we deploy the full resources of our pre-construction and construction services including, but not limited to:
- Planning assistance: We work with subcontractors and a team of experts to oversee building planning. Our team partners with architecture consultants who assist you in conceptualizing your project. You can count on JMT to manage all stages of pre-construction from value engineering to constructability reviews.
- Scheduling control: A successful operation needs an efficient and organized timeline. As part of our pre-construction planning, we will schedule the project’s phases and set deadlines for subcontractors. We use the information we gain during preparation to develop an effective schedule for everyone.
- Constructability reviews: During a building’s development, the engineers and architects need to work together for the best results. Our staff will review the constructability of the architecture plans. Our team will ensure it translates to effective construction results. All findings are factored into the project schedule.
- Cost control and financial coordination: The preparation phase of construction includes financial planning. Our construction cost estimators will develop a contract to match your budget and timeline. We use a guaranteed maximum price (GMP) model to keep costs on track.
- Subcontractor management plans and coordination: We have strong relationships with subcontractors that we’ve built over 100 years in business. Our team will bid your project as part of our subcontractor management services.
- MWBE/HUB tracking and management: We value diversity and inclusiveness in all aspects of business. Let us help you prioritize your diversity goals with minority/women business enterprise (MWBE) and historically underutilized business (HUB) subcontractors. These business designations let us emphasize women and minority participation in your project.
- Progress reporting: As we partner with you, we will provide regular progress reports to keep you updated on our work. In each report, we will compare the expected progress with current progress. We track key performance indicators, weather impact, and other factors.
- Change order management and minimization: When we need to modify the terms of the original contract, we will make a change order. This document will detail any change that affects aspects of the initial agreement, including the timeline and project details. Throughout planning and construction, we aim to minimize the need for change orders, to streamline efficient results.
- Construction quality control and inspection: Our construction process includes regular quality control measures to help us achieve the results you want. We integrate quality control in every step for a high quality final project.
- Construction risk management: Throughout construction, we will minimize the safety risks for our workers through planning and communication. We also follow regulations from safety authorities like OSHA.
- Project completion and delivery: Once you agree with the results, we will sign off the project and provide you with the necessary owners manuals and warranty documents.
Count on JMT as Your Construction Management Company in the Carolinas
To learn more about our construction management and contracting services in North and South Carolina, contact us today.