We are seeking a commercial construction estimator. This opportunity offers the chance to grow within the firm and learn every facet of preconstruction (not just color & counting). Ultimately the position will be responsible for taking projects from inception to contract, including hard bids, CM @ Risk and private negotiated projects. You will work closely with the team to develop schedules, logistic plans and perform constructability reviews. You will participate in pre bids, design meeting and be responsible for client interfacing.
The candidate must:
- Be able to read plans and related bid documents thoroughly.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally & in writing.
- Understand and be able to meet deadlines.
- Perform quantity take offs.
- Identify general conditions requirements & needs.
- Identify trade scopes and potential gaps.
- Assign pricing to estimate line items.
- Solicit sub-contractors / perform follow up calls.
- Evaluate sub-contractor proposals for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Assemble complete and accurate estimates (as part of team).
Utilize estimating software (timberline use a plus)
Utilize On-Screen Takeoff or related software
Utilize invitation and document management system(s) (building connected use a plus)
Experience and Education
4-year degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 2+ years’ experience,
or a combination of equal experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Apply for Commercial Construction Estimator Position
Please fill out the form below to apply for the Commercial Construction Estimator position at J.M. Thompson.